Museum Now Open
Illinois health officials have advanced the Springfield and Sangamon region of the state to Phase 4 in the latest COVID-19 mitigation efforts and that will allow the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum to reopen to the public on Monday, January 25 at 9:00 a.m. Hours are 9-5 daily.
When the museum reopens this coming Monday, reservations must be made in advance via
https://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/alplm/246. Use discount code LINCOLN1860 to get your FREE member tickets!
The library will remain closed but will be reopening soon.
As we prepare for reopening, our staff has thoughtfully planned for an experience that focuses on the health and safety or our guests and employees while also ensuring that the life, times and legacy of Abraham Lincoln is as powerful as it always has been. The following procedures have been added with these priorities in mind:
ADMISSION POLICY CHANGES
- Guests should pre-purchase tickets in advance. Purchase tickets here or call (217) 558-8844 if you need assistance.
- Face coverings are required of all guests throughout their visit.
- All guests must be screened for COVID-19 like symptoms, including a no-touch temperature check to ensure body temperature is below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. If symptoms are present, tickets can be refunded, and guests may return after they are symptom-free for 72 hours.
- Our parking garage, located on the corner of Sixth and Madison Streets, is currently available at no cost.
TEMPORARY CLOSURES & RESTRICTIONS
- Our theatrical presentations, Lincoln's Eyes and Ghosts of the Library are restricted to a limited number of guests each hour. Please make sure you provide yourself enough time to experience both shows.
- Mrs. Lincoln's Attic, our youth activity area, and Union Station, the location of our train exhibition, are temporarily closed
- Our onsite SUBWAY restaurant is temporarily closed.
- Due to health concerns, interactive touchscreens and other touchable elements are temporarily closed throughout the museum.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP HELPS
- Purchase your ticket in advance online or by calling (217) 558-8844
- Shortly before your ticketed time, arrive at our Museum entrance
- Before you enter the building, please put on a face covering.
- Have your ticket handy, ready for our staff to scan.
- Limit personal belongings. All bags will be checked by security personnel.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer frequently
- While inside our buildings, remember to wear a face mask or covering at all times.
- Always follow the "One Lincoln Rule," maintaining a distance of 6'4" away from other guests or groups.
- Avoid touching items located throughout the museum – including handrails and surface tops.
YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY IS A PRIORITY
Every ALPLM employee takes the health and safety of everyone entering our doors with seriousness. You'll see special attention is given to cleaning and disinfecting the library and museum. Please keep in mind:
- Commonly-touched surfaces like handrails, door handles, tabletops and seating is disinfected frequently throughout the day. Not touching items or surfaces is an effective way to limit the spread of viruses.
- Public restrooms are deep-cleaned and sanitized at least every 2 hours. After using the restrooms, please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds to ensure they are clean.
- Make use of the hand sanitizing dispensers located throughout the facility.
- Seating for our theater experiences are cleaned and disinfected every morning, after every show, and at the end of the day to protect all visitors.